I find that swordfish is a fantastic fish to grill. Lightly brushed with olive oil and topped with fresh oregano and lemon juice… you just can’t beat that! I’d spend my summer eating grilled swordfish if I could. Unfortunately, fish is becoming increasingly expensive.
Fruit, however, is not a usual combination. Which is a shame, if you ask me. A nice fresh fruit salsa pairs very well with grilled fish, chicken or pork, if you’re willing to give it a chance.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 swordfish steaks, about 100g / 3.5 oz. each
- ½ mango, peeled and finely diced
- 1 shallot, thinly diced
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely diced
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- A handful coriander/cilantro or mint leaves, chopped
- Baby salad leaves, to serve
In a small bowl, toss together the mango, shallot, chilli, lime zest and juice and coriander. Set aside.
Brush the fish with the oil and season.
Heat a griddle pan or barbeque, and cook the fish for 3 minutes on each side, until charred and just cooked through.
Serve the grilled fish immediately, topped with the salsa and a side of fresh baby salad leaves.